Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just another Sunday?

So here it is, 6:55 am, January 16th...Just got home from an after hours at a friend's house. While usually I am working on those Saturday nights that I don't have my kids, this one was different. No, January 15th isn't my birthday, but January 16th is, so yes, that makes today my birthday...WOOHOO....MEH, whatever....not a huge deal to me.... But when others want to celebrate my birthday(or theirs), I don't rain on their parade, as a matter of fact I enjoy it! Not to go all depressing on everyone...but growing up, birthdays were not that big of a deal in our household. I grew up not having much, and my mom working two, sometimes 3 jobs, just to get to "not much".... It never helped that my birthday was only a few weeks after Christmas, and being so close to Christmas meant I either got birthday presents, or Christmas presents, but typically not both. So for this reason, I told myself when I first had each of my kids, that they would not suffer because of poor birthdates(with both of them being basically within a month of Christmas). I would have a good time on their birthdays with them, and make sure they have a good day, CAUSE THEY SHOULD! But with the exception of one person, I will never get mad at someone for not wishing me a happy birthday, after all....it doesn't bother me really....

The one person I am mad at for not recognizing it in almost 30 yrs, is the man that should recognize it EVERY year......For him I have absolutely no respect, and wish things could be different, but he made his choices, and not he must live with the consequences of those choices...Sincerely, I'm a big enough boy now that I can handle my dad not wanting to be there anymore....but what he doesn't realize is that his only two TRUE grandkids are suffering from these decisions as well.... Thanks "Dad", you have taught me one valuable thing....how to NOT treat my children and grandchildren....


For the record, I AM NOT DRUNK! Just upset and disappointed....


Sorry for the rant ;)

1 comment:

  1. My dad bolted when I was 7 and I think its the best thing that ever happened because I know I would never do the same to my kids like you said.

    ReplyDelete