Sunday, January 31, 2010

Been too long....

First off, I'd like to apologize for not having an HOD. There was definitely one worthy of it, just before I wrapped up for the night tonight. It was a classic blind v. blind situation, there were 3 of us left in the tournament, and I was in the small blind. I was the chip leader, and had both of my opponents out-chipped 2-1. I had 68o, which to those of you that may not know much about poker, is a killer hand 3 way, a monster if you will(of course I kid). Though most people would not consider it to be a huge hand, you should play it as such, and just shove. Well, I did, and the big blind wakes up with KK....YIKES!! Well, in true fashion, I come through like a champ and flop a set of 6s...and improved to a full house on the turn, he had one out, and did not hit. This led to me taking down the tournament about 5 mins later when I was able to knock out the other guy, and took down a big score.

Lesson of the day: NEVER GIVE UP, and keep making the right plays....Good things will happen, and though they may not happen EVERY time, they will happen MOST of the time.

The last two weeks I have not been getting in as many games as I would have liked to, but that is in part because I have had my kids both weekends, and that has limited myself alot. Not to mention that I have been in school, and had alot of homework to do....so ya.... School, for the most part, is going pretty well. I like my my instructors and my classes, so I can't complain too much ;)

A good friend of mine, and fellow poker nut, Josh Tekesky has been running downright sick lately, and has been CRUSHING the MTTs this week, check out his blog for just some of the details. The man is insanely good, and glad to know such a great poker mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment