Saturday, January 9, 2010

Goals, and outlook for 2010....


Hand of the day.......

Today's hand comes from yesterday actually, but is something you all should see. As you can see it started off pretty painful on the flop, sure flopping two pair isn't a bad thing, except when your opponent has flopped a set...YIKES!! Then there was elation on the turn when i spiked my Ace, leaving him with only one out...ONE out. Yes, he had a full house as well, but mine was bigger. Then total disgust when his one out hits on the river.
What does this have to do with today's topic you ask? Well, not much really, but like life, you are going to have good and bad things happen to you, sometimes at the same time. And most of the time there really is nothing you can do about it, but realize that you've done the best you can do and that's really all you can ask for. Sometimes things will work out for you, and sometimes they won't, you just have to buckle down and keep doing what you're doing. So by looking at this hand you make think, "God, he must have had a pretty bad day, with a beat like that", but yesterday I had profited nearly $200, which to say the least is a decent day, especially at the stakes I am playing at.
So, onto the goals for 2010. Some of these are personal goals, and some of these are poker goals, so please, enjoy ;)
1. To be the best father I can to my kids. With all the new ventures I will be taking on this year, this may be pretty difficult.
2. To focus on my schooling. I have been in school in the past, and have told myself that I am going to finish it, and do well. Well, this is the third time I've been back in school, and I have yet to have anything to show for it.
3. To continue to improve my poker game, and make this my primary source of income. I have technically made this my primary source of income already this year as I have not had a job, but even more than it is now.
4. To be doing well enough on my daily poker grind that I will be able to grinding the weekly Sunday tournaments, and be profitable at it.
5. To have a MTT win of:
a. over $1k
b. over $5k
c. over 10k
This is going to take a lot of work, but I also have a whole year to do this, and believe that with enough dedication and hard work, I will be able to accomplish at least 2/3 of this goal.
So far on the year, I've gotten off to a decent start, but poker can, and usually does, have lots of peaks and valleys. So I must stay the course, and continue to improve, and keep making the right plays as much as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment