Ok, so yesterday I told you I was going to tell you what I was thinking, and that we would start talking a little poker.
Let's start with my thoughts....
1. I may be jinxing myself here, but the last couple of days I have been running REALLY good, I have the pictures on facebook to prove it (click here if you want to see it). Not only am I running good, but I feel like I'm playing really well too!
2. Loving my kids BIG time right now, and can't seem to get enough of them sometimes.
3. Regardless of the issues falling upon me with my computer, or my internet connection, I seem to overcome and conquer all obstacles. This includes my game.
Now onto the poker....
1. Why a career? Not to answer a question with a question, but why not? Honestly who wouldn't want to make a living playing a game that they love so much, and have so much fun playing? Isn't that why some of us are so jealous of professional athletes?
2. It puts some of my life's skills into play: I'm a very analytical person, I really like to think things out; I love math and numbers in general, always have always will; I am VERY patient. Why you ask is patience so important when playing poker? Well, it's important to wait for the hands to come to you, you don't always need to force the issue. It helps you make important lay downs, and helps you last longer in a tournament.
3. Of the different jobs I've done in the last 3 yrs, actually of any of the jobs I have EVER had, poker seems to be something that I am truly interested in, and feel challenged while doing it.
4. Once I am REALLY good at it, it is something that will make me alot of money, and allow me to provide for my children in a way I have always wanted to, and in a way I had always wanted to be provided for.
There are more reasons, sure. But these are the ones that stick out the most, and seem to carry the most weight with me. I have now come across an opportunity to learn this game, this career, and learn it from some of the best poker minds out there.
My direct coach is a 19 yr old Swede, that seems to me, to be very intelligent, and have a GREAT poker mind. I have, in just a few weeks of working with him learned SOOO much that I feel like my game has already improved leaps and bounds. I look forward to learning so much more from him.
The man I have to thank for making this all possible is a man that has been playing poker for many years, and is also a great poker mind in himself. I have not yet had the opportunity to actually sit down and discuss strategy with him as of yet, but am very much looking forward to that as well.
Between these two I have received both positive, and most importantly, negative feedback. I know that these two men will help me improve my game even more, and get me to the point where I want to be, and to where I can pass on their knowledge, and mine to others.
So as you can see, I am going to be taking this opportunity very seriously, probably more than anything I have ever done. I can't wait to put in more hard work, and more long hours, cause I can see that pot at the end of the rainbow, and I won't stop until I get there!
Well, it's getting late, and I need to sleep...long day with the kids tomorrow ;)