Monday, December 28, 2009

Play good...


Hand of the day:
As I told you before, I would post hands that were both good, and bad. Today's hand happens to be one of those bad hands...unfortunately. I chose this hand because there is a lesson to be learned from it.
What is this lesson you ask? Playing small pairs, though sometimes profitable, can still be VERY dangerous even when you hit sets! Some will say, "Well, that's just a cooler" and yes, it's true, this is a cooler, not much you can do once you hit this set. However, this is a good reason to not play small pairs(2s-4s, maybe even 5s), can easily be beaten by a higher pair and flush, so be very careful if you decide to play these pairs, keep your mind open to the possibility of a higher set, because it's not just possible, IT HAPPENS!
Now onto the blog, I know it's been a while, and for that, I apologize. I have been putting in some significant time on my poker, and over the last week, I have started to see my results come around again. The last month it has seemed that I have run good for a week, then bad for a week, then good, then...well you get the picture. Is this to be expected? Sure it is, it is poker after all, and isn't an EXACT science. However there are things you can do to control, and to limit the bad runs. I am learning every day what some of these things are, and need to remember to make the right plays, and things will be good in the long run.
Wise man once say: "Take one game at a time"... this may not be from Confucious, but I still think he's a pretty smart man, thanks Nick!
Coming soon......Staying focused...

No comments:

Post a Comment