Monday, March 1, 2010

Fresh start...


First off...HOD..Nothing's prettier than flopping a set of A's and a board like this, that's for sure. What makes it bad....errr...extremely bad is what happens on the turn and river...can you say OUCH!?!?!
I am looking at this month, as I looked at the next tournament after this one...a fresh start. In the world of grinding you are going to have bad days, bad weeks, maybe even bad months. But you must move on and not let it get to you. If you dwell on the past, you are doomed to fail.
I am not going to dwell on my monthly goals for February, definitely not where I wanted to be, but I had alot going on personally, and have made a choice to focus on as little as possible. So my #1 focus is, as it should be, my kids...but I have changed some things in my life, and have decided to stop going to school, and focus on my poker full time.
I feel like the whole time I was in school, I was not putting forth the focus needed on my poker, and my numbers suffered because of it. I'm sure this is not going to be a popular decision with some of the people in my life, but I hope they understand why I'm doing this. Poker has brought about an enthusiasm in my life that I've not had with any job, or anything else I've done.
A new part to the focus on poker is now starting today, I have been given the opportunity to coach some new students in the program. I am very much looking forward to this, as I hope they learn from me, and I'm sure I will learn some things from them ;) I will blog more about them at a later time, but I'm very excited for myself, and for them!! I am expecting very good things this month, for my game and for theirs.
I am also heading to Vegas in a couple weeks, my first time out there, and am VERY excited. Anyone with any suggestions of "must see" things, or "must do" things while I'm out there, please feel free to enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment