Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some say it's better......

Some say it's better to be lucky, than good.
Well, I'm not one of those people, I have a different philosophy. I believe in the world of poker, you have to find that point of perfect equilibrium. What is that you ask? It's the point where luck, and skill collide, and you are playing perfect poker. Perfect poker? There is no such thing you say? You're right.....kinda..... You see, someone can play perfect poker...SOME of the time....but nobody, and I mean NOBODY can play perfect poker all the time. The best you can hope for is to play as good as you can, as much as you can. While unfortunately luck does sometimes win out, it is still better to be good, because as long as you play as good as you can, you will do better in the long run.

All that being said, today's HOD's show that we, ourselves can be the lucky ones. We may not always make the right reads, and when we don't, sometimes we just need to get lucky. I sure know that I did on both of these hands. While it was extremely difficult to contain myself, and not do a "fist pump", or scream out loud, or even jump out of my seat, I did contain myself. I smiled, breathed a deep sigh of relief, and kept plugging away. This is what we need to do......



No comments:

Post a Comment