Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why do people never listen....



If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.....NEVER SLOW PLAY A BIG PAIR PREFLOP!!!


Those that know me, and that have talked poker with me know that this is my #1 rule. More times than not, it will come back to bite you in the butt. The funny thing was is that I was going through this hand history after it was over, and read the comments of the player whose pocket Q's I cracked. He was sincere when he said "Nice hand, I should have known better". Should have known better? He must be someone that has heard my #1 rule before. Look at what position I am in...the big blind, if he had raised preflop, I never would have been in there. But he was tryin to be tricky and win a huge pot.


Well, no class today, so I've been grinding alot already this morning, and plan on doing alot more this afternoon. All this snow IS good for something I guess. I've already had a few cashes this morning and of course a big one with a win.


I have another HOD here as well:


I figured I owed you a bonus HOD because of a few days I missed, so here it is.
Ok, before you ask, no, it was not all in preflop...so why you ask was my opponent putting it all-in with 5's on the river? Yes, I said river....Not only did he call my all-in, he insta-called my all-in. I figured when he did, he must have hit the flush, but to my surprise I find 5's...All I have to say is WOW, and Thank you very much sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment